Property information

Find out about properties in the Tasman region, from Land Information Memorandums, to viewing the contents of our Property Files.

Home » My Property » Property information

Find out about a property, from land information, boundaries and noise restrictions through to a property's Council file.

Use our Property Report service to get a PDF summary of our property information, including maps.

If you're looking for more detailed maps, please go to our shared Nelson-Tasman map service, Top of the South Maps. You can get a lot of information there - turn on layers that will show you properties, rating information, pipes and drains, parks and reserves, cemeteries, and much more.

Related pages

Everything you need to know about requesting a Land Information Memorandum, how much it will cost, and what it will contain.

Interested in a property in Tasman? Use our Property Enquiry report service to get a quick look at our records and maps.

We have a file of information on almost every property in the region. You can request a digital copy of the file, or come in and view it in one of our offices.

New Zealand has a relatively high earthquake risk so it is important for safety reasons that buildings are built or upgraded to be safe in an earthquake.

Paper roads are also known as unformed legal roads. This page answers questions on access and what to do if you have one on your property.

All properties must have an address. For safety, we encourage the use of RAPID numbers so emergency services can find rural properties quickly.

Tasman District Council maintains rural roadsides with chemical sprays to control vegetation. If you do not want to have chemical control carried out on your road frontage, you can fill in this form.