Other licences and permits

Home » My Business » Other licences and permits
Camping grounds
Funeral directors
Offensive trades such as refuse collection, septic tanks, slaughter and processing

Contact the Environmental Health team

Here's how to get in touch:

Phone: 03 5438400 ask for Environmental Health

Email:  regulatory.admin@tasman.govt.nz


Licence to occupy road reserve

If you're wanting to complete work on any public space or Council-owned road reserve, you will need approval.

Find out when a permit is required and how to get one.

Licences are required for commercial vessel operators, and must be renewed by 31 October each year.

All hairdressers must renew their registration each year.

Council controls certain activities that may take place in a public place. This page explains when licences or permits are required, and how to apply.

Explore the rules around roadside signage.

The Council may approve the temporary closure of roads for events, maintenance, construction and during unforeseen events. You must apply 60 days before a road closure is needed for non-urgent work.