Resource consents and subdivision

Resource consents are needed for subdivision, a new uses of land, taking water, discharging contaminants, and a range of other activities.

Home » My Property » Resource consents and subdivision

We are currently facing delays in processing resource consent applications due to staff shortages.
Check the progress of your application online.(external link)

Related pages

Learn how the Resource Management Act and the Tasman Resource Management Plan set the requirements for resource consents, whether you need one, and if you do, how it will work.

When you're preparing your resource consent application you may need to talk to local iwi. We explain the reasons and how to contact them.

Before you apply, please come and talk to us - we can provide you with plenty of guidance and information to help you get it right first time.

Ready? Time to put together your documentation and apply.

You can make a submission on a notified consent application before the decision to grant or refuse the consent is made. We explain when and how.

We also explain your objection and appeal rights on any consent decision we make.

About your consent, its conditions, and ways you can manage or change them.

This is where you can find out more information about Resource Consent applications that have been lodged with us.

You can see consent applications and decisions of significant interest to the community. We have either not yet made a decision on notification, or they did not meet the legal test for public notification.